Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the only way to see the Molly Brown House Museum is by guided tour. There are no self-guided options.
Yes. Based on previous customer feedback, the Molly Brown House Museum has launched advance online ticketing for the 2018 summer season.
Please note that not all museum tour tickets are available for online purchase. The majority of tour tickets are still available at the Carriage House Visitors Center on a first-come, first-serve basis, the day of visit.
Click here for available tour times: https://book.peek.com/s/d1eb1a56-8178-46a0-83e6-d64478e67d2b/ZvAB
$12 for Adults
$10 for Seniors (65+)
$8 for Juniors (age 6-18)
$10 for Military, Teachers and College Students w/ ID
- Closed Mondays
- Tuesday – Saturday: First tour starts at 10:00 am; Last tour starts at 3:30 pm
- Sunday: First tour starts at 12:00 pm; Last tour starts at 3:30 pm
Summer Hours 2018:
- June 4th – August 19th
- Monday – Friday: First tour starts at 9:30 am; Last tour starts at 3:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: First tour starts at 10:00 am; Last tour starts at 3:30 pm
Tours of the house generally last 45 minutes to an hour.
Because of the tour content, length of time and delicate nature of the home, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 6 but it is up to the discretion of the adults accompanying the children. Children under the age of 6 are free.
Yes, here’s a list of our current free and reduced admission partners:
* SCFD Voter Days- Free admission for the residents of: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, and Jefferson Counties – must show ID. 2019 Dates: February 23, May 1, August 1 (Colorado Day–Free for everyone!), September 27, and November 12 (Veteran’s Day). On free day, please consider making a donation according to your ability. The Museum is much busier on free days, so also consider visiting on a regular admission day instead. If you have a large group or a group with special needs, we can book a tour any other day by offering free or reduced admission. No private or school group tours will be scheduled on free days.
* Blue Star Museums- The Museum participates in the Blue Star Museums Program, giving active military and up to five family members free admission to the museum from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Thousands of museums across the US participate, visit Arts.gov for more information.
* My Denver Card- the Molly Brown House Museum is pleased to allow children with the My Denver Card free admission to the museum with an adult paying full price admission. This is valid Friday-Sunday all year, along with Spring Break, Winter Break, and Summer Break.
* Distinctive Destinations- National Trust Distinctive Destinations is a program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation featuring a group of diverse historic sites across the country that help illustrate the breadth and depth of the American story. National Trust members receive $2 off their admission price and 10% off merchandise in the Museum Store.
* NARM- The North American Reciprocal Museum Association is one of the largest reciprocal membership programs in the world featuring 896 arts, cultural, and historical institutions along with botanical gardens, children’s museums, science and technology centers and more that offer their individual NARM qualified members discounted admission and reciprocal benefits.
On-street parking is available in one and two hour increments throughout the neighborhood. There are also pay lots in the neighborhood, the closest located at the SW corner of 13th Avenue and Logan Street one block west.
Located 5 blocks away is the Cultural Center parking garage which services the Denver Art Museum and the Colorado History Museum and has hourly and daily parking rates.
Bus Parking Bus parking is located on Grant between 14th and Colfax, on the east side of the Capitol building, approximately 3 blocks west of the Museum. Additional bus parking is located on Lincoln between 14th and Colfax, on the west side of the Capitol building, approximately 4 blocks west of the Museum, and on Broadway between 14th and Colfax, on the east side of Civic Center Park, approximately 5 blocks west of the Museum.
The tour generally encompasses all three floors of the home. There are approximately 22 steps to the 2nd floor and 15 to the 3rd floor via the main staircase and 19 steps from the 2nd floor down to the 1st via the servants’ staircase. Stools are available for those who need to sit during the tour. See accessibility accommodations below for more information.
The Museum is a multi-story, Victorian-era home constructed in 1889 and as a result is not fully accessible to all persons with disabilities. The Carriage House Visitor’s Center and Museum Store is accessible on the ground level.
* Guided tours of the historic house museum are wheelchair accessible for the first floor level via a lift. The wheelchair must be able to fit on a 38″ x 52″ platform.
* Accessible parking and site access is located at the rear of the property in the alleyway adjacent to the carriage house (a permit must be displayed).
* Service animals individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability are welcome in the museum and carriage house. Non-service animals, or pets whose function is to provide comfort or emotional support, are not permitted.
* Walking apparatus are permitted in the house museum and carriage house visitor’s center.
* Touch tours of the museum are available for the blind and sight limited.
* Audio headsets are available for those who need extra assistance hearing the tour guide. Tour scripts are available for the deaf.
* Tours of the museum last approximately 45 minutes and require short periods of walking, climbing 2-3 flights of stairs, and longer periods of standing. Stools are available for those who need to sit during the tour.
* Two accessible restrooms are located in the basement level of the house museum via the lift, and one in the Carriage House. A family-friendly restroom with changing station is located in the basement level of the house museum.
The Molly Brown House Museum will strive to accommodate your needs. Please contact us in advance with any accessibility questions you have about visiting the museum.
Due to tight spaces, strollers and large backpacks are not allowed in the museum. You may be asked to leave strollers in the courtyard during the tour. The museum has limited storage space, so please consider leaving your backpacks at home or in your car.
Photos are permitted. Flash, selfie-sticks, tripods, videos, and large equipment are not permitted.
Service animals individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability are welcome in the museum and carriage house. Non-service animals, or pets whose function is to provide comfort or emotional support, are not permitted.
Teas are only offered on a limited basis and are usually sold out well in advance. Check out our Events page for available Tea tickets. https://mollybrown.org/visit-us/events/
The cut off time for joining tours is five minutes past the start time. After five minutes, it becomes too disruptive to the ongoing tours to join late.
Each tour is capped at 20 people.
All ticket sales are final. If there are extenuating circumstances please contact the Visitor Services staff at 303-832-4092 ext. 13.
The house itself is not air-conditioned and can therefore get warm very during the hotter summer months. Fans are scattered throughout the home and guides pass out hand fans to use while on the tour. We do recommend bringing a water bottle with you on the tour. The carriage house visitor center does have air-conditioning.
Yes, we do offer a combo ticket option to see a tour of the Molly Brown House Museum and a Walking Tour of the Capitol Hill Neighborhood during the regular Walking Tour Season (May through October). Contact the Visitor Services staff at 303-832-4092 ext. 13 or visit https://historicdenver.org/tours-events/walking-tours/ to learn more.
Generally, no. However, you can call the Visitor Services staff at 303-832-4092 ext. 13 and they can tell you if there happens to be some extra space where luggage can be kept on the day of your visit.