Restoration in Action
In 2017, the Molly Brown House Museum will be undergoing several restoration and repair projects. The Museum will remain open to the public for tours during the entirety of what will be the largest restoration of the Museum since the 1970s.
Summer of 2017 will see the completion of this renovation as well as numerous other needed repairs into the fall. These include:
- Repainting the exterior trim
- Repairing and replacing gutters
- Cleaning and repairing the exterior masonry
- Re-landscaping the grounds
- Restoring and repairing all 133 windows and doors
- Adding storm windows with special UV glass so that we can open the shades and let natural light in but still protect the collection from harmful UV rays
We’re so grateful to everyone who has made this work possible!